www.truckerphoto.com   How to automatically receive Podcasts

  Cut and paste the following text into a feed aggregator, such as Doppler Radio or Ipodder:

  http://feeds.feedburner.com/TomsTruckerBlog

Tom's Trucker Travels & Audio Podcast
Sunday, January 23, 2005
  Made it home for a few days off work...
this is an audio post - click to play

After I spent the night at Manteno, Illinois, they sent me to Edwardsville, Illinois to pick up a load going to Lubbock, Texas. On my way to Edwardsville, Illinois my fleet manager sent me a message telling me that I'd be dropping the load at the Elm Springs, Arkansas yard since the load had too much time on it before the delivery appointment. I was due to come home on January 27th, so I decided it was close enough for me to simply take time off now rather than fighting with going back out for only six or seven days and then trying to get back to Arkansas.

I got home Friday morning around 7:30 AM. Since I'd been up driving all night, I decided I would just go ahead and stay up the rest of the day rather than take a nap. I got a little drowsy, but I managed to stay up okay.

Friday was beautiful here in Northwest Arkansas -- it was around 75 degrees with a clear sky. The weather changed overnight. Today (Saturday) it was not much above freezing with a very intense wind.

I spent most of today here at the house. I did manage to post a new show to my Internet radio show located at http://jiexk.blogspot.com/. I also paid the month's bills.

When I was home last time right before I left in the truck I had a furnace repairman come out to the house and repair my furnace. I paid the repairman a check for close to $400 dollars. For some weird reason, the check has YET to clear and it's coming up on a month. Either something weird happened, or the guy is carrying the check around in his pocket -- who knows? I'll just keep counting the check as being un-cleared and hope that it eventually clears.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Follow Trucking Tom's travels as he trucks around the U.S.A. Tom comments on everything from trucking and technology to politics, music and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Fork, Arkansas, United States

I'm an over-the-road truck driver, full of opinions and attitude. I call things the way I see them. See my photography and more at www.truckerphoto.com.

ARCHIVES
October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / April 2006 / July 2006 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 /


Powered by Blogger