www.truckerphoto.com   How to automatically receive Podcasts

  Cut and paste the following text into a feed aggregator, such as Doppler Radio or Ipodder:

  http://feeds.feedburner.com/TomsTruckerBlog

Tom's Trucker Travels & Audio Podcast
Monday, January 10, 2005
  December 10, 2005...
After I stopped south of Las Vegas, Nevada to spend the night, the next day I made it to St. George, Utah before I stopped again. There happen to be two towns in Utah named St. George, Utah -- I was at the one in the extreme southern part of the state along I-15 at exit 4. The next day I made it from St. George, Utah to Grand Junction, Colorado. Yesterday, I made the final leg of the journey from Grand Junction, Colorado to Denver, Colorado. I unloaded in Denver, Colorado early this morning. Right now I'm waiting for my next load to finish loading at Fort Collins, Colorado. The next load is going to Pine Bluff, Arkansas, so at least I won't have to go back west over I-70 and the awful mountain passes west of Denver. Fortunately when I came through there yesterday the roads were just wet, even though it was snowing. Even so, the passes are an incredibly hard and slow climb for a loaded truck. It's necessary to go just as slowly down the other side, since if you build up too much momentum going down a long steep mountain grade the brakes will easily become overwhelmed. That's why you see those "Runaway Truck Ramps" along steep mountain passes.

A few days ago, I was at a Flying J truck stop and I decided to buy an "SMC" brand wireless WiFi card that was supposed to be able to connect to an external antenna, along with the appropriate external antenna. I got a chance finally to try it out today. What a joke!!!! The external antenna connector doesn't attach firmly to the WiFi card -- you would have to prop the silly thing in the appropriate connector hole!!! I took it back to the Flying J in Denver for a refund before coming on up to Fort Collins. The ability to plug in an external antenna is a good one -- the problem is that the way "SMC" implements their design is really a joke.

I'm in the process of switching web hosting companies for this http://www.truckerphoto.com/ website. The old server only offers 50 megabytes of space. The new server is with a company called StartLogic and they offer an incredible deal -- for actually LESS money than I am currently paying, I get 2 gigabytes of server space, along with 60 gigabytes of monthly bandwidth. That's an incredible value!!! If you need website hosting, be sure to check out StartLogic. Thanks to Earl J. Lear of http://www.impodcasting.com/ for turning me on to the deal !!! Way to go E.J. Lear!!!

I've gotten all of the files that make up this website uploaded to the new server. I've got to do a bit of final tweaking and then after I'm sure everything is working good I'll change the IP address numbers that the http://www.truckerphoto.com/ domain points to. Both the old and new servers will be up and running simultaneously and it will take a couple of days for the new numbers to "propagate" throughout the entire Internet. Since both sites will be up and running, there should be no down time for this site at all. Once I'm certain that everything has changed hands properly, I can cancel the old service.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Follow Trucking Tom's travels as he trucks around the U.S.A. Tom comments on everything from trucking and technology to politics, music and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Fork, Arkansas, United States

I'm an over-the-road truck driver, full of opinions and attitude. I call things the way I see them. See my photography and more at www.truckerphoto.com.

ARCHIVES
October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / April 2006 / July 2006 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 /


Powered by Blogger