www.truckerphoto.com   How to automatically receive Podcasts

  Cut and paste the following text into a feed aggregator, such as Doppler Radio or Ipodder:

  http://feeds.feedburner.com/TomsTruckerBlog

Tom's Trucker Travels & Audio Podcast
Thursday, January 20, 2005
  January 19, 2004 At Manteno, Illinois
this is an audio post - click to play

I unloaded early Tuesday morning at Hanover, Pennsylvania. It was around 3:00 AM in the morning when I got there. The weather was bitter cold -- it was about 10 degrees above zero with a stiff breeze, making things pretty miserable.

After I got unloaded I slept until around 3:00 PM. I had to drive to Carlisle, Pennsylvania to get my trailer washed out. Afterwards, I drove to Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania and dropped off the empty trailer and picked up a loaded one going to Manteno, Illinois.

I made it to Clearfield, Pennsylvania last night around 3:00 AM where I decided to stop and sleep. When I stopped, the roads were clear and it was just cold with no snow. Unfortunately, when I woke up around noon, I looked out and it was snowing -- the hood of my truck was covered with snow. I hate it when that happens, especially when things were nice and dry when I went to sleep. Had I known it was going to snow I would have kept on going west.

In any case, I got underway and had to drive about 50 or 60 miles in partially snow-covered roads. After that, the roads were just mostly salt-dirty wet. I had to go through a lot of windshield washer juice with my wipers to keep the windshield clear so I could see where I was going. After I got into Ohio, things were much better.

I made it to Manteno, Illinois around 2:00 AM. I dropped my loaded trailer and picked up an empty. Now I'm about to head to bed. It's weird -- though it's below freezing here, it feels almost balmy compared to the bitter-cold weather yesterday in Pennsylvania.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Follow Trucking Tom's travels as he trucks around the U.S.A. Tom comments on everything from trucking and technology to politics, music and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Fork, Arkansas, United States

I'm an over-the-road truck driver, full of opinions and attitude. I call things the way I see them. See my photography and more at www.truckerphoto.com.

ARCHIVES
October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / April 2006 / July 2006 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 /


Powered by Blogger